Our island yards and neighborhoods are corridors for wildlife and pathways to local waterways. The decisions we make in our backyards can affect the health of wildlife, local waters and ultimately ourselves.
The Native Landscapes and Garden Center encourages gardeners to:
- Plant and preserve native plants to support wildlife
- Remove invasive plants which could spread to wild lands
- Protect waterbodies from polluted runoff and avoid the use of fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides
- Conserve drinking water supplies by avoiding the use of irrigation systems
- Protect and encourage wildlife in their own backyards
The Garden Center is located at the Bailey Homestead Preserve, 1300 Periwinkle Way.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday (January-April only), 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
The historic Bailey Home is only open during the walking tour of the preserve – Making the Land Work – on Wednesdays. Please see our Calendar (link here) for specific times.